IdahoPTV Home > Idaho Experience
When Apollo Came to Idaho
An otherworldy Idaho landscape was a training ground for Apollo astronauts and is now studied by NASA scientists preparing for human travel to Mars.
IDAHO EXPERIENCE is a new series produced by the award-winning team at Idaho Public Television. We bring to life the stories of the extraordinary people and defining events that have shaped Idaho's past and present.
- Anne Voillequé and Louise Nelson
- Judy and Steve Meyer
- Richard K. and Shirley S. Hemingway Foundation
- The Futura Corporation
Produced in Partnership with the Idaho State Historical Society
- Conquest of the Snake (Passport Member streaming), October 17, 2019
- Conquest of the Snake (broadcast), October 24, 2019, 8:30 p.m.
- Conquest of the Snake (broadcast), October 27, 2019, 7:30 p.m.
- Albion School (broadcast), December 8, 2019
- Idaho Utopia: The New Plymouth Colony, February 2020
Have a question or comment? Email us.
Follow Us on Instagram
- Out of the Shadows
- Short: When Apollo Came to Idaho
- Idaho's Mail-Order Messiah
- Preview of "Idaho's Mail-Order Messiah"
- Some Lived: An Idaho POW's Story
- Preview of "Some Lived: An Idaho POW's Story"
- Pioneers of the Air
- Preview of "Pioneers of the Air"
We Sagebrush Folks: Annie Pike Greenwood's Idaho
- Forgotten Neighbors: Idaho's Chinese Immigrants
- Taking the Reins
- Idaho's Clearwater River Log Drive
- Kinne Kidnapping
- Mount St. Helens Eruption
- Preview of "Taking the Reins"
A Little Las Vegas in North Idaho
- Borah Peak Earthquake
- Idaho's First Potato King
- Idaho's First Serial Killer
- Idaho's Hell's Belle
- Olympic Skier Gretchen Fraser
- Perrine Bridge
- World's First Chairlift
- J.R. Simplot
- Joe Albertson
- From Idaho City To Hong Kong
- Man Who Saved A Town
- Series Overview